Frequently Asked Questions
1. What part does a person play in maturing spiritually?
We all have a part to maintain a responsive heart and a teachable spirit. The more we grow in the Word of God, the more we'll mature spiritually and display His righteousness in our lives. The Lord also has a part that He has to maintain as well. As we reach out to Him, He draws us closer to Him. James 4:8 Draw near to GOD and He will draw near to you.
2. How Can I incorporate genuine meditation into my Christian life?
Meditation can only be genuine if God is first in our life. When He is first in our lives then seeking Him and the plan that He has for us will not be an option, It will then be an everyday lifestyle that is lived out in our everyday life.
In our spiritual life, we sometimes postpone Bible reading and meditation before God because He brings to the surface matters that we need to confront. This can be a struggle and that simply means admitting to yourself that you need to deal with somethings in your life. As we surrender more and more to His will in our lives then we begin to acknowledge in this area it is not ours to control. If you will spend time mediating on the will of God for your life and then acting on the things you have learned. You will put your self in the position to be able to receive anything you need from Him.
3. What does it mean to "be still"?
It means that we stop everything else. This can be difficult for us in a fast-paced, multi-tasking world. However true meditation requires that we focus our minds only on Almighty God. You are whatever you focus your eyes on the most. To be like Jesus you must keep your eyes upon Him - not just ideas about Him. If you keep your eyes on the Word of God you will be like Him and have what belongs to you.
4. What are the requirements for meditation and spiritual growth?
The requirements that are required of christian's for meditation and spiritual growth will be
1. Put God first in your life / Matthew 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
2. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God / Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness: and all these things shall be added unto you.
3. Apply His Word to your everyday life / 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to show thyself approve unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
4. Live like it is true / Proverbs 16:9 The heart of man plans his ways,but the Lord establishes his steps.
We must be willing to spend time alone with the Father in Prayer, Meditation, and Worship and be willing to lay aside anything that compares and competes with your loyalty and devotion to Him. The key is persistence so forget past failures and press on. You must change your lifestyle to fit the Word. Putting Him first is a requirement and not replacing Him with things that are trying to gain our attention.
5. Do you want to be where God is moving you to?
Yes!!! Who would not want to be closer to God. In order to move forward where the Lord wants us to be. There has to be an inmate relationship with Him first. Then living by faith has to become a lifestyle and never forget that faith is not of the mind but of the Spirit.
The Spirit's power flows through those closely connected to Jesus. When we understand Christ, we recognize the benefits He places in us through our times of difficulty. Mediation can be hard work, but as with exercise, the rewards are well worth the effort. Ask for the Holy Spirit's help, and make a commitment to start meditating today.
No matter where you are in your walk with Christ, it's never too late to begin a deeper relationship with Him. Let Kingdom Connection help you move forward in your journey with the Lord. Knowing Christ intimately is possible for all believers, we must not let worldly pleasures, opportunities and responsibilities rob us of the treasure of knowing Jesus. We should not allow people or worldly things to take the place of Him in our lives.